I. Official Tournament Game Rules
- With a few exceptions, due to gaming over the Internet,
all tournament games shall be governed by the CXQ
Rules,which is based on Asian Rules. Click
Here for more details on the CXQ Rules.
- The CXQ Rules shall be interpreted by the tournament
committee. Their interpretation will serve as final ruling
for any game.
II. General Tournament Rules
is expected that all players show good sportsmanship and
help make the tour a big success. The tournament
committee will make sure the contestants to play
professionally and if necessary, the tournament
committee may disqualify those who show poor
- A player must make due effort to
attend the tournament and play all his games.
- Excessive absenteeism may prevent a
player from being admitted to future events.
- A player must wait for the
moderator's permission before leaving the tournament,
even if his opponent is absent. Any player that leaves
the tournament before being
dismissed by the moderator will forfeit his game.
- Absenteeism (If you absent once, your game will be
disqualified from the game and will not be qualify to play
future tournament for 2 years).
If a player does not arrive within 5
minutes of his first scheduled game, then he will
be removed from the tournament and an alternate player
will take his place.
If a player does not arrive within 10
minutes of any scheduled game thereafter, he will
be declared absent and his game will be forfeited.
- A player forfeits the tournament if
he is absent once during the tournament..
- There will be no reschedule as all.
- If a player disconnects during a game, he is allowed
the remaining time on his clock to reconnect and make
- At the discretion of the player still connected, more
time may be added to a disconnected player's clocks.
While this is recommended, in consideration of poor
Internet connections throughout the world, it is not
- CXQ assumes no responsibilities for the quality of
Internet connection of any participant.
- Usage of Software
- A player may enter his Chinese chess software to play
in the tournament, provided he is the author.
- The player must notify the committee with his
intention to use software and provide adequate
documentation during registration. This must be done by
sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by submitting the information on the registration
- Server Down/Reset
- In the event that the server crashes while a game is
in progress, regardless
of any advantage that one player may have over the
other, the game will be
discarded and rescheduled. Participants must check the
Schedules page for
the time and date of the new game.
- Maximum Number of Moves
- A game is declared a draw if no
winner has been determined after each player makes 300
- Multiple Registrations
- Providing false information and/or multiple
registrations by the same player under different
nicknames is prohibited. Note: Only one person per
household is allow to register. One who violates this
rule will be discharged from the tournament.
- Errors such as mouse slips, unexpected piece movement,
freezing screen, etc., will NOT be accepted as valid excuses
for rematch, because we have no way to verify those errors.
CXQ reserves the right to
amend and/or update these rules as deemed necessary.
- All amendments made before the start of the tournament
will be made public and notifications will be sent to
players prior to the first scheduled game.
- All amendments made after the start of the tournament will
be made public and notifications will be sent to players
prior to the next scheduled game.