I. Tournament Place, Date, Time:
- Place: The tournament
will be held at Club XiangQi, www.clubxiangqi.com.
- Date: Tournament games
will begin on October 22, 2005 and continue each
Saturday through November 19, 2005. See our Schedules
page for more information. Notice: Registration
begins on September 25, 2005 and ends on October
Note: For registration,
we will post an ad that link the registration page to all
rooms and will also post a link at Registration
page on September 25,
for members to register.
- Time: Games will start
at 8:30PM and 11:30PM Central Daylight Time on every
Saturday. Note: There will
be 2 rounds per every Saturday.
II. Tournament Format:
- The tournament will be structured into a swiss rounds
format. Notice: There will be no
Championship match. The winner of this tournament will be
determined by the Swiss method.
- There will be no qualifying round. There will be 50
players for this tournament. 40 players will be
selected from the pool of registrants. In addition, we
will invite 10 real life Masters from Vietnam, China,
Taiwan, Singapore, United States, and others country
and the champion from our last tournament to play.
- Total of 50 players will be paired to play in 8 Swiss
III. Time Control:
- (45/1) For each game, a player is allowed 45 minutes to
make as many moves as he can. When this time expires, he is
allowed 1 minute for each move thereafter.
IV. Scoring System:
- During the course of the tournament, points will be
awarded to players according to game results.
- A win earns 1 point. a draw earns 0.5 point. A loss or
forfeit earns 0 point.
- Handling Ties:
- Please see the rules adopted by the FIDE.
- CXQ reserves the right to
break the tie by selecting the two addition tie-breaker
options of the swissround to break the tie of the two
players to be the winner if the two options that we have at
ranking page is fail to break a tie.
V. Selection of Players:
- A total of 50 players will participate in this tournament.
An additional 10 players will be chosen as alternates. With
the exception of 10 honorary byes, the real life masters
from around the World and the champion from our last
tournament, all players must be a member of CXQ, have a CXQ
rating of 1800 or greater, and have played at least
30 games at the club.
- Method of Selection: The 50 players are selected in 4
phrases as follow:
- Phrase 1: 10 players, chosen from some selected
winners of the Weekly Puzzle Contest from the our CXQ
Forums and some real life XiangQi masters or grand
masters by invitation only.
- Phrase 2: 10 players will be chosen from the
pool of registration based on (but not limited to) their
skill, sportsmanship, and club support.
- Phrase 3: 20 will be chosen randomly from the
pool of registration.
- Phrase 4: 10 players, chosen from the bluenicks
who are not selected in phase 1, 2 & 3.
- If you are not selected from those 4 phrase, please
come to the tour on the first day. If anyone fail
to show up for the tour, that person will be
disqualified, and we will allow you to join the tour on
the first come first serve basis. Please email us
if you are interested to be on the stand by list.
- 1st place: $500 USD.
- 2nd place: $300 USD.
- 3rd place: $150 USD.
- 4th - 8th place: 1 year bluenick.
VI. Tournament Officials: